Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2013

"Leave the Soka Gakkai and you may be prone to violence, alienation, despair, and even suicide."-- SGI Newsletter No. 8835

"There may well be times when one finds it somewhat challenging to work together with other members, who may have different personalities or backgrounds. Young people, in particular, often find organisations restrictive and stifling, and many may think it is easier and more pleasant to be on one’s own. There is also a strong general tendency these days for people to try to avoid direct interaction with others. But that trend deprives us of the opportunity to make the most of our differing personalities, to praise and support one another, and to cultivate our capacities for tolerance and understanding. As a result, we may end up being unable to appreciate the pain and suffering of others, control our own anger, or patch up even small differences and misunderstandings—producing negativity that at its very worst can drive one, or cause one to drive others, to violence, alienation, despair, and even suicide. I’m sure everyone agrees this is a problem we must do something about."

3 comments:

  1. I did not leave the S.G.I because I did not get on with fellow members. I left because I saw it was gradually going towards guru worship and away from Nichiren.s correct teachings.Unfortunetly I found so called friends kept their distance from me. And someone actually told me they were instructed to stay away from me.They also spread a rumour around I was seriously ill,when I was not.I believe they do not care if you never chant again.But those who practice on their own devoting themselves to The Lotus Sutra and Nichiren's teachings and chanting NAMU MYO HO RENGE KYO are their biggest threat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their ends justifying the means approach to the teachings is a great slander. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear lady, well said.

    the truth is that the sgi and almost everyone else does not , nor have they for many, many years, followed what nichiren actually taught(nst,the shu,kempon,sgi). the true sangha is nichiren and his followers , one of the three jewels or treasures.

    i had a similar experience to yours. cheers.

    ReplyDelete