Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

An SGI resignation letter

SGI-USA Membership Department 
National Headquarters 
606 Wilshire Blvd. 
Santa Monica, CA 90401

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is my formal resignation from the Soka Gakkai International and any related affiliates. It is effective as of the date of this letter. I hereby withdraw my consent to being regarded as a member and I withdraw my consent to being subject to organization rules, policies, beliefs and "discipline." As I am no longer a member, I want my name permanently and completely removed from all records of the organization. I also hereby cancel my subscriptions, and receipt of such (in either hard copy or electronic format) will be considered unwanted contact. There will be a grace period of ten (10) days to allow for removal from subscription lists.

I have given this matter considerable thought. I understand what you consider the seriousness and consequences of my actions. 

My resignation should be processed immediately, without any waiting periods. I will not be dissuaded, and I am not going to change my mind. 

I expect this matter to be handled promptly, with respect. 

As of the date of this letter, the only contact I require from the organization is a letter of confirmation to let me know that I am no longer listed as a member. 

My resignation is not based on a personality conflict with any member or leader, but completely grounded in recruitment methods, widely-spread disinformation about Buddhism, the near-deification of Mr. Ikeda and the organizationally-sanctioned underhanded behavior of leadership towards members. 

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment