Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2016

"Didn't you lose your wife?"

"Didn't you lose your wife? Not trying to be mean by saying this, but didn't your wife die or almost die? I have seen many people in ALL religions lose CLOSE relatives, but when it happens OVER and OVER you have to wonder why! -- cmk

My wife is alive and well because we left the SGI and began to practice Nichiren Daishonin's Lotus Sutra Buddhism. Could I overcome cancer through my faith and practice? Probably. But even if I were to die today, the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the universe could never accuse me of purposely distorting the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin's teachings.

Yes Dee, one has to wonder why so many top SGI leaders, including President Ikeda, have lost their first born sons or die horrible untimely deaths. For anyone thinking of joining the SGI or already SGI but having their doubts, I would bring this up in the next discussion meeting. The Lotus Sutra and Nichiren teach that disciples and believers are able, as a general rule, to avoid both individual and collective punishment. Why then isn't this true for Daisaku Ikeda and his foremost disciples and believers?

No comments:

Post a Comment