Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Fortune baby" experience

Former SGI member and so-called SGI "fortune baby":

"I agree that we are responsible for our own actions, but this is one of the many hypocrises of the SGI. People are lured into the SGI with visions of taking control of their lives and finding happiness. People don't sign up for the SGI's form of brainwashing, which dictates (at least it used to) that you attend several meetings each week and do weekend activities, all the while being told that you must get guidance at least once a month. And if you don't, the "leaders" visit your home, sometimes unannounced, to shove their destructive advice down your throat,then tell you that if you don't follow it, you have no faith. In essence, you are to give up all notions of common sense.

I am happier now than when I was in the SGI spider web. I don't dwell on how my childhood was robbed, which would only make me sad. As I said in my original posting, I have accomplished much more, both personally and professionally, outside the SGI than within it. Which brings to mind one
other atrocity--my territory YWD leader strongly discouraging me from attending Cal Poly SLO because my "destiny" was to be in Santa Rosa HQ (in other words, help find more victims in Santa Rosa from whom they could get more "donations"). I was more than qualified to attend Cal Poly, and would've gone, but my mother got wind of this YWD leader's words and put an end to my dream. Being that I had no job at that time, Lori, what was I supposed to do? Luckily I was still able to graduate from another college and go to law school, but I'll never forget that experience so that I don't put my future kids through the same crap.

Rather than constantly lament what happened to me, I only posted my experience so that others might avoid being sucked into the very-controlling SGI. Namu-myoho-renge-kyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment