Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Good enough for Niichren but not good enough for SGI

"I especially warn the priests on Mount Kiyosumi. If they treat me with less respect than they show their own parents or the three treasures, they will become wretched beggars in this life and will fall into the hell of incessant suffering in the next. I will explain why. The villainous Tojo Saemon Kagenobu once hunted the deer and other animals kept by Seicho-ji and tried to force the priests in the various lodging temples to become Nembutsu believers. At that time I pitted myself against Tojo and supported the lord of the manor. I composed a fervent oath that read, "If the two temples at Kiyosumi and Futama should come into Tojo's possession, I will discard the Lotus Sutra!" Then, I tied it to the hand of the object of worship (23), to which I prayed continuously. Within a year both temples were freed from Tojo's grasp..." -- Nichiren

FOOTNOTE 23: The object of worship: A statue of Shakyamuni Buddha. 

1 comment:

  1. Please contrast this with the failure of trillions of SGI Daimoku to the SGI "Gohonzon" to save the Sho Hondo that came into the possession of the Nichiren Shoshu [and was subsequently destroyed].

    ReplyDelete