Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

“‘Shakyamuni Buddha, world-honored one of right and universal knowledge, I beg that you will act as my mentor." -- Bodhisattva Universal Worthy

“‘Shakyamuni Buddha, world-honored one of right and universal knowledge, I beg that you will act as my tutor. I beg that Manjushri, endowed with great compassion, will through his wisdom grant me the pure Law of the bodhisattvas. That Bodhisattva Maitreya, excellent sun of great compassion, will take pity on me and for that reason permit me to receive the Law of the bodhisattvas. That the buddhas of the ten directions will manifest themselves in order to bear witness for me, that the great bodhisattvas will each one speak his name, and that these excellent great men will shelter and protect living beings and help me and the others." -- Universal Worthy Sutra, epilogue to the Lotus Sutra

No comments:

Post a Comment