Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Will the real Tsunesaburo Makiguchi please stand up

"'Sacrifice your own skin to slash the opponent's flesh. Surrender your own flesh to saw off the opponent's bone.' With their faithful implementation of this well-known Japanese fencing (kendo) strategy into actual practice during the war, the Japanese military is able to achieve her glorious, ever-victorious invincibility in the Sino-Japan conflict and in the Pacific war, and thus, easing the minds of the Japanese people. This [strategy of sacrifice] should be held as an ideal lifestyle for those remaining on the home front and should be applied in every aspect of our daily life." --Tsunesaburo Makiguchi -- From: "The Instruction Manual Summarizing the Experiments and Testimonials of Life based on the Philosophy of Value of the Supreme Goodness."

6 comments:

  1. One of these days I would love to help you get an offical "markrogow.com". We could install wordpress and I could do some real nice design for you, and I would help free of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also might be able to make money on ad traffic. I dont know what kinda numbers your blog gets but you could have a google adsense account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great as I am technologically challenged. No money to me through adsense. In real Buddhism, laymen don't accept alms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know more then you give yourself credit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your one of the smartest people I have ever met with out a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The host said: Though I may be a person of little ability, I have reverently given myself to the study of the Mahayana. A blue fly, if it clings to the tail of a thoroughbred horse, can travel ten thousand miles, and the green ivy that twines around the tall pine can grow to a thousand feet. I was born as the son of the one Buddha, Shakyamuni, and I serve the king of scriptures, the Lotus Sutra. How could I observe the decline of the Buddhist Law and not be filled with emotions of pity and distress?" -- Nichiren in arguably his most important writing, On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land

    ReplyDelete