Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2016

31 year SGI member's resignation letter

OK...so nobody wants to be negative all the time...Nobody wants to discourage a new member from continuing faith...

The big question is:

What place is there in the SGI for a Nichiren Buddhist who can't make himself comfortable in the organization? Perhaps there is none...

Last week, when that very sweet staffer at the SGI sent me into a rage, I began to realize that there are certain built-in mindsets of the SGI that are non-negotiable...if you ain't got 'em, you ain't gonna enjoy the trip...

1."Those who trust don't question...those who question don't trust". As I've been told countless times before, I was told once again that if I cannot trust the wisdom of SGI's refusal to disclose its finances, then there's something wrong with my faith... This is a universal technique of the SGI...those who criticise must have defective faith...which is why we see faults where there are none...

I don't think I've ever asked an SGI leader about financial disclosure without being attacked in some personal way for having defective faith...and I guess I never will...

The only correct way to practice in the SGI is to pretend that everything is great in the Gakkai and agree with all policies publicly... If you harbor doubts or criticism, take them behind closed doors, where the merciful leader will explain why your evil heart and mind sees problems where none exist...it is evil to discuss your misgivings with other members...you just spread doubt and confusion.

Even though you may remain unconvinced, the true gakkai spirit is to smile and cover-up your own wickedness with a big plastic smile...act like you have no problems with the SGI's policies... One who does this will be rewarded in the group as a loyal and faithful member...and eventually, if you lie to yourself long enough, you'll learn to shut down all those questioning parts of your brain and become a happy SGI follower anxious for the next set of instructions...a sort of "Stepford Buddhist"...

One who continues to express doubts and questions will find himself shunned, pitied and avoided...Pity the poor fool who finds the precious jewel of the SGI but can't learn to stop all critical thoughts and become happy...He is one of those "arrogant" ones that President Ikeda says should be expelled from our midst... Hell, I'll save you the trouble...

After 31 years, I have to face the truth...I'm not capable of practicing in accord with the unwritten rules of the SGI...

My presence , therefore, can only be disruptive...

Thanks
David

No comments:

Post a Comment