In 1966, the SGI by-laws [which remain in effect] were further changed so that:
- - The president is also the “official representative” of the Gakkai.
- - He is manager of all its affairs.
- - He has the power to convoke the Leaders Meeting (of all 21 responsible officials).
- - He appoints and dismisses all the other responsible officials.
- - He appoints and dismisses all the vice-general directors, the directors and all “other necessary officials.”
- - He holds office for life.
- - He chooses his own successor.