Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Cris Roman was influential in developing Ikedaism-USA

"What I will tell you is that from 1968 through 1983, I practiced avidly within the ranks of NSA. In those days it was, to use a modern-day euphemism, 24/7. I became a top leader in the Washington, D.C. area where I joined. I then spent a total of three years in Japan working at the Soka Gakkai under the tutelage of a gentleman named Daisaku Ikeda and his international publications staff. I was hired by NSA (now known as the SGI-USA or Soka Gakkai International of the United States of America…try saying that and chewing gum at the same time) -- to work in its Los Angeles publication department. I wrote for its newspaper, the World Tribune, and was even Managing Editor of a magazine named The NSA Quarterly. Concurrently, I served as one of the top Americans on the NSA Study Bureau. I even worked together with priests and laity to help translate some profound Buddhist writings known as Gosho into English. Ahhh, those were heady times." -- Cris Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment