Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Daisaku Ikeda versus Nichiren Daishonin

“It means to have a mentor in your heart while standing on your own two feet. President Toda resides in my heart. This is not something you speak out loud; it’s a matter of the heart. This is because unity is something that exists inside you.’ At all times, no matter where I am, I feel as if I am constantly engaging in dialogue with President Toda as I go about my activities. Our unity exists within me. This unity of mentor and disciple transcends distance and time...”  -- Daisaku Ikeda

"When in one's heart one takes faith in Namu Myoho renge kyo, the heart becomes a dwelling and Shakyamuni Buddha takes up residence there. At first one is not aware of this, but gradually, as the months go by, the Buddha in the heart begins to appear as in a dream, and one's heart becomes bit by bit ever more joyful." -- Nichiren Daishonin

No comments:

Post a Comment