Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Experience with a copy of a Nichiren Gohonzon

"I usually chant an hour of Daimoku in the morning and an hour in the evening. Tonight I didn't quite feel like chanting. I was having a hard time concentrating; I kept slipping off into a trance or something, and then a daydream. In all honesty, I was a little upset about some of the catty comments and infighting in this web group. But I took it to the Gohonzon, and chanted through it. I was tempted to stop after thirty minutes or so, but I lit another stick of incense and redoubled my efforts. Suddenly the heavens rained down mandarava flowers and I was surrounded by infinite numbers of Bodhisattvas. Shakamuni Butsu, Taho Nyorai, and I was at once the points of a single triangle, with Namu Myoho Renge Kyo vibrating in the middle. The Gohonzon had become three dimensional, and I was a part of it. I merged with the Gohonzon and became one with it. Namu Myoho Renge Kyo." -- believer who recently received the Gohonzon for the Transmission of the Dharma

No comments:

Post a Comment