Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2019

43 years and still waiting

"If we think of the Dai-Gohonzon of the High Sanctuary, which has been treasured at the Head Temple, as the exact root, then all other Gohonzon are branches and leaves. In other words, the Gohonzon enshrined in each temple or the Gohonzon that we have received and to which we do gongyo every morning and evening are all inscribed by each successive High Priest. These are all transcriptions of the Dai-Gohonzon of the High Sanctuary, and the great power of benefits arising from them is the benfeit coming entirely from the Dai-Gohonzon, the source. 

However, if we think that all Gohonzons are the same, forgetting and not seeking the source (the Dai-Gohonzon), we will not be able to receive benefits and attain Buddhahood. It is like a branch that has been cut off, losing all supplies of nutrients, and withers away." -- Susan Nichiren Shoshu member

All I am asking for is one sentence of proof in Nichiren Daishonin's or Nikko Shonin's hand... I can't hear you. Speak up. What, you couldn't find one but you will ask your priest? Ok, I've been waiting for more than forty years. I guess I can wait a little longer. In the mean time, I will keep my copy of the Nichiren inscribed Gohonzon for the Transmission of the Dharma while I await your proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment