Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Small experience of the protection of the Gohonzon

Monday I lied to my dialysis nurse because I didn't want him to take off too much fluid. I weighed 66.1 kg and I told him I weighed 65.4 kg. They took off only 700 cc (1.54 pounds) of fluid and because of the ensuing holiday (2 days with no dialysis), I drank more than my allotted 1 liter a day of liquid. I went to bed at 2:00 am and began to feel fluid overloaded (heaviness in the chest, shortness of breath, nausea). I was about to vomit and asked my wife to immediately bring me some plastic bags. I vomited, at least, 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of pure absolutely non-acidic fluid and despite having eaten only 1 hour before. I hadn't vomited in months. I felt great after vomiting and quickly fell asleep. The next day at dialysis, I related my experience to several experienced dialysis nurses. They couldn't explain it and never heard such an experience.

I attributed this to the Gohonzon's protection and my body automatically getting rid of the excess water.

5 comments:

  1. The average lifespan of people on dialysis is 5 years. I have been on dialysis 4 years and mostly never felt better, I know 2 people in my dialysis center who are living 30 and 20 years respectively. One drinks whiskey like a fish. Never forget that the most important treasure* is the Treasure of the Heart.

    *The Three Treasures in Buddhism are The Treasure of the Storehouse (material treasures such as a nice house, jewels and cars); the Treasure of the Body (good health); and the Treasure of the Heart (the most important treasure of true self, eternity, purity, joy, and loving relationships)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That your illness has not impeded, but has at times enhanced your joy and deep appreciation for your/our faith in the Gohonzon, has really been one of the major pillars that come to my mind.....the concept of "ENLIGHTENMENT" has been dropped altogether from the SGI's talking points - both from their periodicals and leadership rhetoric - substituting instead the concept of 'humanrevolution.'I do believe Mark, that you are on the path to what the Buddha promises as the greatest reward a human being can achieve....and, I just don't sense that from the members and leaders of the SGI.....know that you are not alone with your struggles....., for there are others surfing toward shore on that wave you are creating.....I want what you have as a finality to my life.....and, that the answer you would probably give if asked if you would rather be Arnold Schwarzenegger without a Gohonzon, or Mark Rogow with......surely, it would be as you are. (periodicals),

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ichinen!

    Vomited out some poison.

    It's always faith and Ichinen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shakyamuni and Nichiren are our models of how to live. Don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete