Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2020

"After 33 years with the SGI, I'm done."

"Hi folks, After 33 years with the SGI, I'm done. Not sure if I will chant anymore. I haven't for several weeks. The final moment came for me when chanting at the home of a couple of "senior leaders." It was my first visit to their home. In their altar room, next to the altar was a curio cabinet containing their various SGI awards. Although I have always felt the SGI was tinged with cultishness, it was only in that moment that I realized the depth of it, and that I could no longer continue in the org. There's more to it than that. I'm not angry with myself for staying so long. I'm not sad to leave people I have considered close friends. I feel free in a way I haven't felt since, ironically, I started the practice in 1983. I appreciate reading the experiences of others who have left as I worked to de-indoctrinate myself. -- Jude"

No comments:

Post a Comment