Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 7, 2021

SGI members "shouldn't complain but look at their complaining Sensei

"I was reminded of this anecdote from Masatomo Yamazaki, former attorney for the Soka Gakkai:

In January 1980, I set up a meeting between Daisaku Ikeda and journalist Kunio Naito. During the course of the conversation Ikeda whined, 'I founded the Komeito. I created the Soka University, the high school, and the Min-On too. But these people - the party, the head temple, schools - all they do is take from me, and they never give anything back. They claim all the triumph and I only receive the criticisms. I'm in such a thankless position.'"

Without missing a beat, Mr. Naito interjected, "That's the problem, right there. Through all of your work you have received boundless recognition, have you not? It's this twisted victim mentality that creates all these unnecessary problems for the Gakkai!"

No comments:

Post a Comment