Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Nichiren Shu's [and SGI's] false portrayal of Nichiren

Rev. Ryuei asserts that Nichiren Daishonin was a “Confucian Gentleman” who was a proponent of interfaith [rather than a lion of break and subdue practice]. Contrary to this false image of Nichiren, we can see the true Nichiren through his teachings:

“The Dharma Teacher Chih-i said: “The Lotus Sutra itself says, ‘among the sutras, it holds the highest place.’ It also says, ‘Among the sutras I [Shakyamuni] have preached, now preach, and will preach, this Lotus Sutra is the most difficult to believe and the most difficult to understand.’ The Immeasurable Meanings Sutra makes clear that the sutras the Buddha already ‘has preached’ here refer to ‘the teaching of great wisdom and the Flower Garland teaching of the ocean-imprint meditation’ and so forth. And with regard to the sutras he ‘will preach,’ the Nirvana Sutra says, ‘. . . from the prajna-paramita (the teachings of the perfection of wisdom) he brought forth the Nirvana Sutra.’ These scriptural passages show that the Lotus Sutra is superior to the Flower Garland and Nirvana sutras; they make it abundantly clear, clear as could possibly be. You should understand accordingly.

Rebuked in this manner, some of his opponents simply shut their mouths, others spewed out abuse, while still others turned pale. The Ch’en ruler then rose from his seat and bowed three times, and all the hundred officials pressed their palms together in reverence. Powerless to prevail, the leaders of the other schools conceded defeat. Thus it was established that the Lotus Sutra holds the highest place among the teachings of the Buddha’s lifetime.”

Further along in this treatise, we read…

“So long as the people truly did not know of this statement, it seems that the false interpretations of the teachers I mentioned spread without anyone incurring retribution. But once a person of forceful character has come forward to make this sutra passage known in a bold and uncompromising fashion, then grave matters are certain to occur. Because people have looked down on this person and cursed him, struck him, sent him into exile, or attempted to take his life, Brahma, Shakra, the gods of the sun and moon, and the four heavenly kings have risen up in anger and become that votary’s allies. Thus unexpected censures have come down from heaven, and the people are about to be wiped out and the nation destroyed.

Though the votary of the Lotus Sutra may be of humble background, the heavenly deities who protect him are fearsome indeed. If an asura tries to swallow the sun or moon, its head will split into seven pieces. If a dog barks at a lion, its bowels will rot. And as I view the situation today, the same sort of retribution is happening here in Japan.”

Ryuei and the not-Nichiren Shu make Nichiren Daishonin into a passive milk toast of interfaith. Instead of these false priests becoming images of Nichiren they make Nichiren into their image. Who is he kidding and what is Ryuei's and the Nichiren Shu’s true agenda?

There are Nichiren Shu members who have been taught mistaken doctrines by their priests who themselves are mistaken and there are other Nichiren Shu members who really don’t like Nichiren Daishonin. To placate these slanderers or worms in the body of the lion, the priests themselves have become parasites.

They are not different than the SGI… Give the people what they want not what is good for them [correct and accurate teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin]. "Good medicine tastes bitter and moxacautery cures a cold." Instead, Ryuei and the not-Nichiren Shu gives the people sugar water or Shirley Temples instead of the medicine of immortality. How sad! How pitiful!

8 comments:

  1. Hello, Im a former member of BSG (SGI - India). I'd quit the practice a few years ago when I realized all the inconsistencies and lies. Chanting din't really make any difference to my life. I found your blog and a few other articles by former members that made me firmly quit. I had no second thoughts about it and I was happy to be free. Just recently I stumbled upon an SGI magazine. I skipped to the Members Victory section to laugh at how the people claim to be successful thanks to chanting, where miraculous things happen to them etc. I'd done this before, where I would read the experiences and then laugh at the absurdity of the 'magic chant'. However recently I read through the magazine again (just for kicks) and for some reason a thought popped into my mind "Maybe I should start chanting again". This really scared me, because I was cast iron sure about SGI being a scam and chanting itself as a useless practice - so when my mind raised a doubt, I was literally amazed at why I'd think so. Keep in mind earlier I'd done the same thing (flipping through the magazine, laughing at the 'victory') and now why this change of heart?
    This really disturbed me and still troubles my mind. What I'm asking is could you explain why this happened. I have no plans to start chanting again. I was supremely happy with my life until I read that article again. The doubt that my mind created is the main issue. When I was once sure about what I believed in, why would I have to question my self again about this? I'm posting this here because I can't find a way to contact you directly. I hope to hear from you.
    Thank You,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello nervedh... what a sincere post. there are some things you should know. according to the lotus sutra...the highest teaching of the eternal buddha shakyamuni and his emissary for the latter day(mappo) who was nichiren...there would be few who can and will uphold correct faith and practice in the lotus sutra(myoho renge kyo). we are the few here at eagle peak. especially in japan and its tenecales throughout the world buddhism is just a business for money and political power. even worse, no sects teach what the buddha or nichiren actually taught. we want nothing from you except to share the real teachings of buddhism.

      please continue to read what you can here and feel free to ask any question or share any thought. i will keep this short but there is much that can be said.

      congratulation on finding us. know that any of the main sects especially sgi/nst will say untrue things about us because we expose them for what they really are. cheers !

      Delete
    2. Thanks Greg, however I'd like Mark to answer my question

      Delete
    3. understood nervedt.... my reply was simply to acknowledge your comment. mark is a very busy person so sometimes his reply are a bit slow. however, he will reply and hopefully you both can have a good chat. cheers !

      Delete
    4. sgi/nichiren shoshu/nichiren shu are not what the buddha or his emissary taught. they are slanderers of the law and anyone who supports them in any form is complicit and will fall to the unremitting hell upon death...according to it votary nichiren. what we see in the world today is the result of slander of the law and not the law being upheld. hence...things in this world are getting wore day by day !

      Delete
    5. i should read my post before posting....sorry !

      Delete
  2. Hi Nirvedh. The Law of Namu Myoho renge kyo was planted in your life by the Eternal Buddha in the remote past of Gohyaku jintengo. When you chanted Nam Myoho renge kyo it awakened the Law within your life. Realizing however, the perversity of the Soka Gakkai, I believe it is very hard to believe 100% in the Law. Why don't you try and chant Namu Myoho renge kyo with the very same faith and practice of Nichiren [rather than Ikeda] and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it still never fails to amaze me that people affiliated with the sgi/nst cannot discuss the teachings of buddhism. stupid !

      Delete