Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I am now happy with my religious faith

The Daishonin states: 

"Embracing the Lotus Sutra and chanting Namu myoho renge kyo encompass all five practices which the Great Teacher Dengyo personally inherited from Priest Tao-sui when he journied to China. This is the primary teaching for Nichiren's disciples and believers. It is the practice which appears in the Jinriki chapter." 

Nichiren tells us our practice appears in the Jinriki Chapter, not the World Tribune or Human Revolution. 

For over a year (1993-1994) the weekly Saturday men's division meetings in the Bronx Headquarters was devoted exclusively to the study of the New Human Revolution. It was a complete waste of time but I felt that my feelings about it was due to my "negativity" since I was always taught that SGI activities, no matter how banal, were the only path to enlightenment. I am happy that my religious faith and studies now center around the Lotus Sutra and writings of Nichiren Daishonin. 
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment