Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Response to a reader's question


Question: Hey, Mark! Been reading your blogs. My mother's really into SGI and I am worried now. I didn't care before. I used to think, "Whatever makes her happy." But she spends so much time, energy, money into that whole thing. What do I tell her? What do I make her read? Are there other better ways to know more about NIchiren Buddhism, Lotus Sutra. Something more pure?

Answer: First of all, unless you are chanting the Daimoku and studying the teachings, it will be very hard for you to help your mother. You can encourage her to read the Lotus Sutra and the Gosho without the SGI interpretations and you can point out the inconsistancies of SGI doctrines, faith, and practices. You can point out that the root of your mother's inability to lessen her karmic retribution is her mistaken faith, practice and Object of Devotion. Most of all, you can become Enlightened and a Buddha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment