Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Speculation on the mummification of Daisaku Ikeda

I've speculated on this (2013) before reading this interesting article. This article is from 2010.

Excerpt from "Remembering Daisaku Ikeda: My 50 Years with the King of Vanity" by Junya Yano, former chairman of the Komeito Source

In the Gakkai, there exists a committee of elites in charge of developing a long-term strategy for the organization. They discuss various topics like the future of the relationship with Komeito and compile an internal report on a periodic basis. It was the leader of these elites who consulted me.

A topic of their concern was how to elevate the Ikeda's to a Holy Family. Digging into Christian history, they were engaged in serious discussions about how to stage miracles. "Are they crazy?" I thought to myself when they consulted me, and I half-jokingly answered, "When you study Christian history, you can't just look at the pretty side. You can't rule over people unless you can instill fear in them. The Gospel of John is most interesting. It says that Christ will return at the end of days in order to make the final judgement about who attains eternal life and who is condemned to hell. People devote themselves to faith because of this fear of damnation. A Savior can't just be a nice guy."

I think this was the gist of my reply, but truly the most outlandish proposal they brought to me was mummification. "Mr. Yano, isn't it true that great leaders like Lenin and Mao have been embalmed for eternity? Along the same lines we're looking into creating our equivalent of the Lenin Mausolium."

"Listen, in this country there are laws about desecrating a human corpse!"

"We're aware of that, and that's why we're consulting you. Can't you do anything with your political influence?"

The law is the law, and I just brushed them off saying the Komeito would need to grow much, much more for something like that. I do not believe that Mr. Ikeda himself would give such a bizarre order, but it is beyond question that the man has an extraordinary obsession with preserving his legacy. Mr. Ikeda's abnormal appetite for power & recognition has infiltrated every corner of the organization's leadership to point where these kinds of unbelievable schemes would be seriously discussed."

No comments:

Post a Comment