Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Lets not criticize SGI members they chant Daimoku

 Spouse is SGI maniac causing trouble in our marriage

Hi All,

Wanted to bring my story here. I am married to my spouse for 6+ Years. She has been a staunch SGI member with annual donations and volunteer activities such as FNCC, Bykeren, hosting and district memberships.

Few things I have observed

  1. She is a staunch feminist outside but fails to see Gender roles in SGI such as Gajokai and Byekeren

  2. She is pragmatic but truely believes that chanting can change the world but she herself has lost the empathy and gratitude. She is more lost and self centered in general

  3. SGI seems to be making her donate $5000+ a year. She says she is dojng by her own. She is like more I do, better the cause but it is actually quite the opposite. She would go to thrift store to buy clothes but will donate 5K. She has her eyebrows raised if I have to support 5K a year for my aging parents but she can donate 5K to SGI (ofcourse her own earned money). I am not financially in bad shape, it is just different rules and priorities that hits me

  4. There have been incidents where I was sleeping, she woke me up just because she wants me to look after a kid as she wants to attend and present weekly meeting disregarding the facts that I am more sleep deprived due to my schedule. When conversations get heated and went so far that she almost pressed charges on me while I am feeling being emotionally abused here. I think she was so much focussed on SGI that she has lost any empathy for people around her. Not sure if I am a bad person and want people to choose what they like but if it starts affecting your life, I feel helpless.

  5. The last incident has ensured that I cannot question her on this and if I do, the situation is such that I will be in trouble.

  6. I have seen lots of trouble in their districts and politics with appointment of roles, it makes me cringe how people want power and control in the name of religion,

I am suffering in the marriage. I love my child and I will not be able to live without him so I am not even thinking of letting go of it. Moreover, I want family to be together but SGI seems to be a big thorn in what used to be a happy marriage. I want the same person to get out of SGI but I cannot influence that. This cult is ruining my personal life. As long as she is active member and prioritizes family over SGI, I am okay with it (as long as you are praying and chanting only). Anything beyond that is something making th entire family suffer.

10 comments:

  1. Poor guy. Sgi is murderous insanity. Ikeda is the worst demon possible. Look at Japan making poor, sicck people return, to the fukushima evacuation zone. Ikeda, tepco, sgi are part of that. They are sadistic devil's. Cancer, stupidity, insanity, heart disease, birth defects. Children suffering yet, this evil cult is allowed to exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope u not so sick. I'm in a bad way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sick I'm in a bad way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have good dosctors. Never forget the excellent phsician of the Lotus Sutra and continue to chant Namu Myoho renge kyo.

      Delete
  4. Chanting to Nichiren 10 world depicted Gohonzon may help change the situation. I know it worked wonders for me while I was separating from the influences of the cult

    https://markrogow.blogspot.com/2017/08/high-resolution-4mb-gohonzon-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. very happy for you and your wife. So glad you seem to have recovered completely from Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. suffering people should try chanting daimoku. just complaining about their circumstances is pitiful. it's the Law, not any org that has power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the karma of people all over the world in this protracted degenerative time explains the appearance of organized religious bodies who in one way or another "exploit their members".. BUT, if any such org, temple, sect, chants and promotes chanting Myoho Renge Kyo, unless the Buddha's and Nichiren misled us, ... as a matter of course, all will eradicate their negative karma and attain perfect enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, like those who repented for persecuting Fukyo and then believed...still they had to spend 1000 kalpas in hell. It is even worse to alter the teachings of the Lotus sutra and Nichiren even though they too will eventually attain buddhahood. The Lotus Sutra Chapter 20 is a warning and my admonishments too is a warning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daimoku is the "means for salvation"-- insulting and denouncing the people you "may" be trying to "save" is a real head scratcher.

    ReplyDelete