Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 13, 2014

"Everyone has a Buddha-nature" -- SGI member "Everyone also has a kidney" -- Nichiren Buddhist

"Could I turn my back on the teachings of the Buddha, who is father
and mother to all living beings?  Resolving to bear whatever might
befall me, I began to speak out, and in these more than twenty years I
have been driven from my dwelling, my disciples have been killed, I
have been wounded, exiled twice and finally came close to being
beheaded.  I spoke out solely because I have long known that the
people of Japan would meet with great suffering and felt pity for
them...." (Reply to Yasaburo, MW 6, page 233) 

1. Isn't it strange that Nichiren refers to Shakaymuni as the father
and mother of all living beings? Should not that status belong to
Nichiren himself, if he was in fact the Original Buddha? Then he
(Nichiren-Jogyo) would be the father and mother to all living beings. 

"...lay people, not having heard the truth of matters, drive me from
my dwelling place or hate my disciples.  It is beyond comprehension.
For example, even if one unknowingly mistook his parent for an enemy
and reviled or struck and killed him, how could he escape the guilt of
that offense? These people do not recognize their own belligerence but
instead think that I, Nichiren, am belligerent. ....." (Reply to
Yasaburo, MW 6, page 234) 

2. Just today, I received seven e-mails from Shoshu believers who said
that I was a disgusting person with no morals or scruples because I
dared to point out that there were so-called priests in their sect
with terrible and unwholesome background.  Another said that I was
cursed to hell because I refuse to accept the DaiGohonzon (I think I
have heard something similar on Sunday Morning Catholic TV Ministries)
and how dare I attack the SokaGakkai, the organization that has
mangled the teachings of Nichiren and twisted it so badly you can
hardly recognize it. "I chant to bring out my Buddha-nature!", when I
asked what a Buddha-nature was they responded, "just like Pres.
Ikeda",  the Buddha is very dirty I thought. "Everyone has a buddha-
nature" they answered back, "What is it? Everyone also has a kidney?"
I replied. "A Buddha nature makes you a super person that can
accomplish things in his daily life".  "Where in the sutra does it say
that?". I am awaiting my next reply. 

"...Ask him if the Lotus Sutra does not indeed contain a passage to
the effect that Shakyamuni is our parent, our teacher and our
sovereign. If he says that it does, demand to know if there is also
another passage stating that Amida Buddha is his parent, sovereign and
teacher: Yes or no?  If he replies that such a sutra passage exists,
inquire if he then has two fathers. If he says there is no such
passage, then demand to know why he has abandoned his parent and is
cherishing another person altogether. ....." (Reply to Yasaburo, MW 6,
page 234-5) 

3. OK, Mr. Shoshu and Mr and Mrs Gakkai, does is say in the Lotus
Sutra that Lord Shakya is our parent, our teacher and our sovereign?
Of course it does, then why have you abandoned your parent and cherish
another person? Because Ikeda told you so? Because Nikken told you so?
WHAT DID SHAKYAMUNI TELL YOU? WHAT DOES NICHIREN TELL YOU? It is
totally clear that you are following a very evil course that leads you
away from your parent, teacher and sovereign and are following an
imposter. 
With Gass

No comments:

Post a Comment