Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Thanks to Soka Gakkai, hundreds of thousands of Americans will never again chant Namu Myoho renge kyo.

"I, too, was absolutely convinced that chanting worked for me. However, I had so many doubts about the organization and what it taught. I ended up burying those thoughts but I couldn’t leave the organization because I was so hooked on chanting. Towards the end, I felt so disingenuous whenever I heard myself spouting SGI rhetoric and I felt the uncomfortable sensation of always suppressing what I really thought. A million times before, I would vow to chant for such and such period of time and I would see what would happen. Then, one day I had the thought that I had never tried not chanting. So I vowed not to chant for one week. The result for me was very dramatic. I instantly felt more relaxed. I instantly stopped suppressing my doubts and what I really thought. I instantly let go of the need to take part in all the “urgent, important, life changing” activities. I realized that, as a leader, I felt like a sheep dog constantly running around running around rounding up the “sheep”. I saw it all for nonsense. It felt so good to say to myself that I was not going to do it anymore and that I would listen to my inner voice. I admitted to myself that I hated the concept of shakubuku. All the inner torment vanished. It was wonderful. I will never chant NMRK again. I feel like I was lied to when told my doubts were devilish functions. I feel like I finally woke up from the delusion. This is my life and I refuse to be manipulated anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment