Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

"What exactly are the unmeasurable vast benefits of chanting? If they are unmeasurable and vast surely you can name 1? 5? 20? 100? 1000? is there a limit?" Part 1

 [–]from cbd99 sent 

What exactly are the unmeasurable vast benefits of chanting? If they are unmeasurable and vast surely you can name 1? 5? 20? 100? 1000? is there a limit?

[–]to cbd99 sent 



Besides activating the World of Buddhahood:

For me, having avoided death 7 times, literally:

1). Driving in the the left lane on the Harlem River Drive in Manhattan. Doing > 65 mph in the left lane in RUSH HOUR trafffic. There is a an entrance into the left lane. Some idiot didn't yield and in order to avoid him, not even time to check the mirrors, turned the steering wheel to the right, did a 270 degree in 65+mph heavy traffic across 3 lanes and merely touched the right lane barrier with my rear bumper and no accident but I did halt traffic for a couple of minutes and drove home Namu Myoho renge kto on my lips.

2). Again, this time on the Southern State Parkway in Long Island. Heavy traffic. In left lane, doing about 70 mph. Hit a patch of ice, did a 360 degree across three lanes while "knowing" there would be a crunch of metal and my death and the death of others and avoiding all speeding cars, I landed on an embankment on the other side, missing a tree by a foot. Traffic never had time to stop, the other cars continuing on there way as if nothing happened. Sat there for 10 minutes thanking NMRK and Gohonzon.

3). Going cross country with my wife and doggy. Speeding the whole way. First day (and night)...Having gone from Long Island to Kansas, almost 1100 miles, driving 16? hours. Had begun to rain cats and dogs. Missed a sign?, "Road Work Left Lane Ends, 1/2 mile. Was doing 75. for unknown reason and not seeing construction in L lane, decided ~100 feet, 1-2 seconds from construction in left lane, to move to right lane, missing sudden death by a second or so. Told my wife how lucky we were and chanted Namu Myoho renge kyo for several minutes.

Next, not near death but amazing...

Was doing a clinical clerkship in opthamology in St. Kitts in the Caribbean. We are out to eat, me and a couple of friends. This big f---ing muscled tatooed guy, 6'3'' and 275 pounds, a former army ranger with gold teeth was harrassing my nerdy friend. I told him to pick on someone his own size and he was being an asshole. He then told me to watch my back because he was going to kill me. On this small Island there is absolutely nowhere where i could have hidden or avoided this crazed giant of a man. I went home and chanted for several hours. Next day, I went to my opthamology clerkship. To my surprise there was this madman in the waiting room. While riding his motorcycle he had gotten a piece of metal in his cornea. He came into the examining room and the Opthamology professor told ME to remove the metal in this man's eye. He, of course, recognized me and was paralyzed with fear having me attempt to remove the metal in his cornea. I anesthetized his eye with marcaine eye drops. Placed him in the slit lamp and with a fine needle instrument removed the embedded metal in his cornea with one gentle swipe. I placed antibiotic drops and ointment in his eye, patched his eye and saw him the next day. Despite the fairly deeply embedded metal sliver in his cornea, he was perfectly healed and his vision again, in this eye, was 20/20. He literally became my best friend and protector on the Island.

Tomorrow, i will relate my other actual VERY near death experiences if you are interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment