Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Conversation on Reddit with a new practitioner

What’s the daily practice like? Right now I started saying diamoku for 4 hours a day. What can I add

You may tell others about Namu Myoho renge kyo. You may also recite the 2nd and 16th Chapter or any Chapter of the Lotus sutra. There is a saying, 1 Daimoku may be enough and 1 million Daimoku may be insufficient. Are you able to chant 4 hours a day and take care of your work/school, other activities? I once did 3 hours a day for 2 months and 2 hours a day for 3 months. I used to perform long chants for a several days or a week at a time. Now, I get the same effect with 15 minutes of chanting and strong faith. Please remember, faith is first and foremost.. so proud of you. Namu Myoho renge kyo


I have a completely mindless full time job as a janitor. So i can concentrate on daimoku as much as I am able. I hope to do more chanting as my concentration improves.


Fantastic that you can chant Daimoku to your heart's content. How long are you chanting? Do you have Gohonzon? Which one. How old are you? I'm an old happy fart, 66 years old, happily married with 2 children and 2 grandchildren.


I dont have a gohonzon, im looking to save up for a butsudan. At my job I chant as much as my concentration allows, right now 4 hours. I used to think useless thoughts before, might as well chant now! married and 30. All the nichiren groups are far from me. Live in germany, but attracted to this practice as it is open to even busy people


If Gohonzon is safe, no Butsudan necessary and until you enshrine it, either in butsudan or on the wall you can keep it scrolled up and protected. I will send you a copy of a Nichiren Gohonzon if you wish.


Would be great to have a gohonzon. Just got a copy of the lotus sutra in book form. Have been reading it online in pdf, feel like now is the time to get serious and really read it thoroughly. Just short time I have been saying Daimoku, I already feel a shift in my life. Incredible...


Please remember, when practice progresses, the Three Obstacles and Four Devils vie with one another to hinder faith and practice. Please read Letter to the Brothers. Great read.



No comments:

Post a Comment