Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2022

Are you well protected? Gregorio commented with a passage from Nichiren Daishonin

 "That is why the great teacher miao-lo stated, "the stronger one' faith, the greater the protection of the gods." So long as one maintains firm faith, one is certain to receive the great protection of the gods. I say this for your sake. I know your faith has always been admirable, but now you must strengthen it more than ever. Only then will the ten demon daughters lend you even greater protection. You need not seek far for an example. everyone in Japan, from the sovereign on down to the common people, without exception has tried to do me harm, but I have survived until this day. You should realize that this is because, although I am alone, I have firm faith". wnd 614. gregorio

Me personally, we have Shoten Zenjin (Buddhist gods) all around me, protecting us.

3 comments:

  1. I believe that being "protected" from acting with hostility and animus towards a fellow believer is vital-- for what can one hope to gain from slandering the core teaching of the Lotus Sutra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arbitrary opinion ! no thank you.
      gregorio

      Delete
  2. So… regarding “better to be killed by a mad elephant than fall under the influence of an evil friend “— What is your opinion ?
    It seems like you focus on some mortal danger threats or illusions because you “ follow@ Nichiren ? Rather than be more attentive to behavior that reflects respect for all living beings and reverence for others who also recite myo ho ren ge kyo ?
    Me, I’d rather be protected from the influence of someone who promotes defaming and shaming other believers . All are worthy of respect , but not emulation !
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete