Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Spiritual death means not having a true practice that is directly connected to the mentor."

The following put together by lambchopsuey on Reddit SGI Whistleblowers:

The SGI promotes Daisaku Ikeda as the most knowledgeable Buddhist scholar/sage in the world and likes to say that HE understands best of all how to practice correctly. Untrue. He is promoted as a good example and mentor.
From the World Tribune's July 1, 2010, issue: SGI - USA MEN ’ S DIVISION SPECIAL INSERT - The Summer of Champions:
"Demonstrate the power of faith by overcoming a challenging obstacle or achieving a cherished dream, and report a resounding victory to our mentor, SGI President Ikeda, during this significant 80th-anniversary year"
From the Dec. 30, 2011, SGI-USA Women's Division Leader Linda Johnson's Message:
"As its conclusion, the participants received a powerful departure message from our mentor SGI President Ikeda. In it, he writes: "You and I are always together in spirit. I will be continuing to devote prayer after prayer for you, that you will forge new paths for yourselves as my disciples...As women, let's unite and reply to our mentor's expectations during this most significant year."
"Toward Nov. 18, 2013, we are determined to establish in each district a solid core of young men, who can develop strong bonds of friendship rooted in their vow to fight for kosen-rufu together with our eternal mentor, SGI President Ikeda." - Dave Witkowski, SGI-USA Young Men's national leader
"The Soka Gakkai possesses the bond of mentor and disciple that is strong enough to withstand any adversity." - from the World Tribune, SGI-USA's official newspaper, July 13, 2012.
"As an expression of my deep appreciation for having President Ikeda as my mentor...I realized that spiritual death means not having a true practice that is directly connected to the mentor." - Dave Wolpert, same publication.
See there ? le gasp "Spiritual DEATH", even! From that same article:
"I determined to develop the same pure practice as my mentor, who is a model for how much one human being can care for others, and what kind of effort and value one can create as a world citizen. This influenced my decision to contribute financially to Soka University of America, so that I can support my mentor's dream..." AND there it is - show me the money!! More:
"Today, when young men come to me for advice, I try to impart to them that they're in the right organization, they have the right mentor, and they have the greatest religious practice in the world."
"I had vowed to my mentor, SGI President Ikeda..."
There's only ONE mentor being promoted, and it's Ikeda. He even acknowledges it himself. Just like I said. It's plain to see - in the SGI-USA's publications, from the top national leaders like Tariq Hassan and Linda Johnson. I didn't lie. I just proved it. Now it's YOUR turn to prove I DID lie - let's see your sources. I already showed you mine.
From Stanford University:
"As the president of Soka Gakkai International (SGI), Daisaku Ikeda is the mentor of SGI members"

(Edits to put bold on all the statements that Ikeda is supposed to be everyone's "mentor" with no mention of the possibility of anyone else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment