Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Mark "Ryugan" Herrick

Recently Mark Herrick became a Nichiren Shu Shami (novice priest) at 63 years old. I met Mark in 1995. I was Kempon Hokke and he was Nichiren Shu. He came to my house in Long Island and we had a serious discussion about Buddhism, he with a gentle Nichiren Shu bent and me with a forceful Kempon Hokke bent. In a way, I am sorry he never adopted Nichiren's manner. How could he? Nichiren Shu admits all sorts of miscreant sects among it confederation. Tolerance towards evil is Nichiren Shu. Hopefully, now that he is a "Nichiren" priest, he will wake up from his delusion and correct the wrong thought of the Nichiren Shu. I fear however that he is a company man. I suggest to Mark that he follow Nichiren Shonin rather than Ryuei Shonin, the deranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment