Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Asked why I left the Kempon Hokke, I responded...

 Philip Brett asked me: 

  1. I saw something but didn't read it and I have not been able to find it again. So I'll put it here. You have left KHS? I'm thinking it wasn't a doctrinal dispute???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied:
  3. First, I consider myself a follower of Nichiju Shonin, the founder of the Kempon Hokke, Nikkyo the Martyr who the Kempon Hokke initially excommunicated (because they were afraid of Nikkyo's forceful shakubuku and its result... Two of his young disciples were murdered and Nikkyo had his nose and ears cut off). 150 years after his martydom, the Kempon Hokke rehabilitated him. I also deeply respect the Pot-headed Monk, Nisshin of the Hokke-Shu???

    1). Kempon Hokke's connection to Japanese right wing nationalists, Nichirenists, and especially Tanaka Chigaku's Kokuchukai.

    2. Doctrinal errors by Shamon Tsuchiya and other Kempon Hokke priests, for example, promoting the Dhammapada, silent meditation, and their extreme anti-Original Enlightenment stance [failing to distinguish between Nichiren's Original Enlightenment teachings and Chuko Tendai Original Enlightenment].

    3). Reverend Tsuchiya's siding with Islam against those Lotus adherents who forcefully criticize Islam.

    4). Modern Kempon Hokke's practice of interfaith, intimate association with the Nichiren Shu, in particular, and its practice of selling the Dharma. Inviting Pure Land, Mount Hiei, Shingon and Nichiren Shu prelates to attend their ceremonies and attending the ceremonies of the slanderers of the True Dharma

    5). Reverend Tsuchiya's ill treatment of his own members. Tsuchiya himself left the Kempon Hokke and became an independent priest I believe.

    1. I overlook the indiscretions of the Nipponzon Myoho-ji because their priests and nuns desire little and are celibate as was Nichiren and they perform a type of forceful practice in the mold of Neverdespise. i am not however a member because of their mixing of Gandhism with Buddhism and their interfaith initiatives,

      ReplyDelete
    2. Last but not least, thanks for your question.

1 comment: