Total Pageviews

Friday, December 31, 2021

My letter to the Sandia National Laboratory regarding their Automated Gloving System


Hello. My name is Dr. Mark Rogow. My automated protective gloving device, Patent # 5,878,909, is so much simpler and more elegant than your automated gloving system . My entire system is based on glove opening and donning by a surgical nurse. It either has no external power source save for hand motion or it can be mechanized with a bilateral electrical (battery or outlet) wedge introducer for opening the supporting rods/gloves. With the money for a prototype you can make disposable cardboard household boxes for $10-20.00 dollars holding 50 pairs of gloves; or permanent plastic or stainless steel hospital room, prison, or food handling gloving devices that utilize cartridges, also holding 50 pairs of gloves. You can even place glove donning vending machines ($1.00 a pair of gloves) in rest area/airport/public and private bathrooms. Latex and nitrile gloves can both be accepted. The main problem and cost will be figuring out how to attach the pair of gloves to the rods mechanically on an assembly line. A sterile glove-o-matic can also be fashioned for laboratory, ER, and surgical room work. Please study my patent and I will gladly assist you in fashioning the device for a small consultation fee. Presently, I am semi-retired and on dialysis, but for this opportunity to develop my invention, before I die, I would relocate to New Mexico. I am sure it will save countless lives from hospital acquired infections.The main problem and cost is figuring out how to attach the gloves to the rods on an assembly line.

Happy New Year,
Sincerely, 
Mark R. Rogow MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment