Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

Born Again Buddhism

"If you would only turn on your receiver and tune into the mentor, you would experience the  realm of unfathomable un-excelled enlightenment."

"Over the many, many years of President Ikeda's leadership, more
      than a few people have been put off by what some people perceive as
      intense pampering and devotion towards President Ikeda. That's
      because they are measuring True Buddhism by society's standards
      which is not at present, the best measure of the only "World
      Buddhism" in History.

      Mr. Hanlen says he "was always uncomfortable with the way
      [President Ikeda] allowed folks to scurry around him and wait on him
      hand and foot." Hanlen also reckoned it was "a Japanese thing."

      Actually, such behavior has nothing to do with cultural inclination.
      He's treated that way all over the earth, Japanese or not.

      I believe that none of President Ikeda's critics have read The
      New Human Revolution. One ought to consider the fact that President
      Ikeda waged a constant life and death struggle with grave illness,
      especially tuberculosis, which had assailed him since childhood.
      That's one reason people are so into making sure President
      Ikeda's needs are met.

      I've seen President Ikeda when he was ill and it was an alarming
      sight! I prayed that his health would improve -- and I guess I
      wasn't the only one praying for his health and safety considering
      that he is now in his seventies and enjoying the best health, the
      greatest life force and the highest life-condition ever! We should
      be aware that during his trips around the world, President Ikeda was
      attended by physicians who constantly monitored his health and
      provided him with vitamin injections; his health, his life is
      paramount in many people's hearts and minds.

      Andy admits that he "didn't feel any special `life force'
      or anything." That's the result of measuring things by
      society's standards; not based on the infinite wisdom of the
      Mystic
      Law.

      President Ikeda's life is attracted to daimoku. It stands to
      reason that if our mind is not overflowing with daimoku, especially
      in Mr. Ikeda's company, then it becomes more likely that we may
      not feel any connection or `special' relationship at all.

      It's not that President Ikeda's life force isn't
      transmitting
      infinite compassion, it's just that the `receivers' are
      not properly tuned in, their minds not filled with daimoku.

      Finally, Mr. Hanlen reveals that he has "no idea whether or not
      [Ikeda] is any more of a Buddha than you or me, or the bum on the
      corner" asking, "How does one know?"

      Here is how one knows:

      Let's look at the Gosho and evaluate President Ikeda's
      behavior from the Daishonin's perspective:

      "If one hopes to learn and master Buddhism, then one cannot do so
      without devoting time to the task"(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude,
      WND, 690).

      Can you tell me who else in the world today is equal to Mr. Ikeda in
      terms of "devoting time to the task."? I would conclude that
      President Ikeda is, indeed, one who has been able to "learn and
      master Buddhism." -- Don Gropp stupid SGI member

...I'm looking for the frequency... tuning...tuning... I think I hear it. I feel it, father Ikeda transmitting....the ego trip of critical thinking melting away...

"Only I am great my child, worthy of your reverence and devotion"...at first, only a whisper... the tears begin to stream down my face...


"I love you my child"... the agony of having abandoned you father [rather than having abandoned the Lotus Sutra]... its almost too much to bear... 


"Tear down that wall my child, the wall that separates us"... I'm getting it... I'm getting it...I'm letting you into my heart...born again BORN AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment