Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

More enlightened wisdom from John Sala

Mark, it's amazing how these cult members always fall back on the cult, "sure, it ain't perfect" they acknowledge, "but we chant and support one another", typical high-control authoritarian mentality. As though there aren't alternatives, or one must remain in a mind-control group which preaches heretical doctrines "because they're mostly nice people", like talking to Moonies, Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists, after all they're friendly in spite of destroying people's lives. They never try to explain their cultic devotion to sensei or false doctrines, "what counts is that you're a tolerant person and you chant, it doesn't matter if you follow false teachers and teachings", they say, totally contradicting Shakyamuni, Nichiren and the Lotus Sutra, of course as heretics from Buddhism they don't worship Eternal Buddha Shakyamuni nor have they cracked open the Lotus Sutra or most of Nichiren's authentic writings. It's amazing, what infuriates them is you quoting the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren. Says so much about them. Just like the authorities who tried to execute Nichiren, they actively oppose the true Buddhism they claim to believe in.

Every word the truth!

3 comments:

  1. Well, John, my understanding is that worshipping the Gohonzon is worshipping the eternal Buddha. Nichiren made that clear in the Kanjin Honzon sho. I never experience infuriation from SGI members when I quote the teachings, but then I’m not forcing my take on them on others or demeaning them for having their own take. Quoting Nichiren one should, I believe, always show respect for others and realizing that hearing them is the point, not preaching to them with authority. If mark is true to his word he will publish my commenting on the fact that it was him and also Greg who became infuriated with me - shut me off hung up on me and then ghosted me though we have had each other’s contact info for 6 years ! I never hang up on people nor do I shun them or refuse to engage and have civil discourse . Very ironic that they turn the tables and project their own weaknesses on to me.
    ~ Katie Higgins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, you no doubt have read my past harsh criticisms of those who are "ignorant of the teachings". Yes,I am well, (thanks for your kind words :-) in the sense that I am still able to work with my favorite people, adolescents. My greatest benefit working with kids for 34 years ;(I was introduced to this practice at a residential treatment center for adolescent boys 34 years ago); my most cherished benefit are lessons learned from the mouths of babes in the form of concepts about human beings.
      "Kids do well when they can"-- meaning when they have what they need to achieve their goals they grow and thrive. None of them wants to fail, but falling short of various capabilities, they often act out in anger or self harmful behavior. How does that apply to your post? Well, those "ignorant of the teachings" members have not yet acquired the capacity to really study Buddhism--Should we demean them for that?
      I have come to believe through study, that isn't really necessary IF chanting continues--- it may take longer for some than others to become more capable but what else but daimoku will open their eyes? It does no good to merely point out another's short comings much less to demean them for having them in the first place. While its natural for me to be tolerant and understanding of kids, I have, in my golden years, realized that I should definitely approach everyone with this understanding-- they are doing their best with what they have. And if I want to help them do better, first I must earn their trust and respect--- or grab their attention with something they were not expecting !
      Just saying, since the Buddha, in His infinite wisdom devised a means for the ignorant in this Degenerative Age to attain perfect enlightenment-- One phrase to adorn our necks, then who am I to insist that only the wise and well studied amongst us deserve respect as "real Buddhists"?
      ~Katie Higgins

      Delete
  2. yes ~ well said John,
    gregorio

    ReplyDelete